what saying “not all men” actually does:
- refuses to acknowledge that gender violence happens too often
- takes the focus off the men who are violent and/or misogynistic
- refuses to acknowledge that even good guys can enable the problem
- makes the conversation about men and semantics instead of the epidemic levels of violence against women
what saying “not all men” does not do:
- reveal a fascinating new insight that we didn’t know
- 1: How do you stop holding on to memories?
- 2: You make new ones.